Meta Thinking & Structuring
4. Meta Thinking & Structuring
What do we mean by Meta Thinking & Structuring?
How can Meta Thinking & Structuring be approached?
Establish connections & visualise:
It is important that you learn how to make connections and then visualise them.
Here is an example: You have different words and now you try to put them together in logical groupings. Brainstorm the different words with post-its and then put them in a logical order. This process is also called boxing.
After you have successfully grouped them, you can now make predictions about the individual groups by assigning them to a super category that you have previously defined.
Ask questions, summarise & clarify:
Now ask the right questions so that a solution can be summarised and the result clarified. In this way you can get the greatest possible and most goal-oriented output.
Possible questions are:
- Which category is the most profitable?
- Which category has the highest customer loyalty?
- What is our goal? Is the goal to gain more customers?
- What are our main goals that can be derived from this?
Why is Meta Thinking & Structuring important, especially for consultants?
How can Meta Thinking & Structuring be trained?
In order to take your own thinking and structuring to the next level, you need to practice continuously. You will find out how to do this in the following:
Assess your current strength of meta thinking
Define a training plan on how the skills are to be developed
Install a 1:1 Routine Senior-Junior to develop the “Meta Thinking Skills
Possess the ability of meta-thinking and structuring
- Train the C & B level to be able to derive ontology relationships (recommended with a trainer / coach).
- Learn to build ontology relationships with real cases
Development of meta thinking on a 1:1 basis
- Development of meta thinking on a 1:1 basis with real cases
- Give frequent feedback to get better
- Reflect in group sessions on the personal ability of meta thinking development
If you want to get to know more about us or about what we do and what we offer or if you have any questions on this topic or on our insights, please don’t hesitate to contact us at any time.
Furthermore, you can watch the video from our Community Call here: Video of the call. Moreover we have provided the slides of the call for you here.
Next week we will continue with the fifth part of the Consulting Skills: Value Case & Conception.
Your Amaze Growth / Accelerate Coach Team